Arbitration & Alternate Dispute Resolution
- The Firm is one of the leading law firms in the field of Arbitration and Alternate Dispute Resolution.
- Since its inception the Firm has actively taken part Domestic & International Commercial Arbitration Proceedings.
- The Lawyers of the Firm have consistently been engaged for Arbitration, Conciliation, Mediation and Enforcement of Arbitral Awards. The Lawyers of the Firm have been appointed as arbitrators by many domestic and foreign corporations.
- Apart from conducting Arbitration Proceedings, the Firm has also been involved in drafting Choice of Law and Jurisdiction Clauses to be used in the Agreements.
- Litigation forms the core of the legal practice of the Firm.
- To provide our clients with best possible representation before various courts and tribunals, JSN Legal has a team of qualified and experienced team of lawyers, Advocate on Record, Investigators, forensic experts, handwriting and document experts.
- To overcome any geographical barriers we have a web of lawyers throughout India and remain in touch with foreign attorneys.
- Our Partners and Lawyers regularly appear before all Courts Including Supreme Court of India, High Courts throughout India, District Courts, Quasi Judicial Bodies, Tribunals, DRT, Consumer Forums and Commissions. We have carved a niche for ourselves in recovery cases howsoever complex, Tax Laws, Commercial Litigation and Criminal Trial.
- Our lawyers are expert in conducting cases pertaining to Competition Laws, Commercial and Contract Laws, Intellectual and Industrial Property Laws,
Constitutional Laws, Matrimonial Laws, Succession, Company Laws and Property Laws.
- We also advise and assist our clients on Public Interest Litigation by way of Writ Petition, Commercial dispute, monetary claims, Insurance claims including Personal injury claims, Enforcement of Foreign Decrees etc.
Banking & Finance
- JSN Legal provides advice and assistance in the field of Banking, Finance, Venture Capital and Capital Markets.
- Some of the core areas where the lawyers of the firm have hands on experience include Asset Management, Banking Laws and Regulation, Bank Merger and Acquisition and Joint venture, Consortium lending, Loan documentation, Management buy outs, Private placements, Initial Public offerings, Restructuring and compliances, Securities & Exchange Board of India regulations, Securitization of movable and immovable assets, Stock exchange listings, Structuring of public-private partnerships and private and public offerings, Trade finance, Venture Capital Fund, Project Finance.
- Apart from regulatory work related to this sector the Lawyers of the Firm also have experience in providing litigation services to Banks and have appeared before DRT, Consumer Forums, matters under Shops and Establishment Act and other related Labor matters on behalf of Banks.
Real Estate & Construction
- Real Estate and construction Sector in India having immense opportunities is controlled by complex central and State legislations. The holding records in almost all states are non-computerized and handled manually. Land acquisition policies are different in different states. In the circumstances real estate transaction to be successful requires expert legal assistance.
- JSN Legal advises and assists clients in Legal Structuring of Foreign Direct Investment for Individual Foreign Investors, Foreign Companies, Wholly owned Subsidiaries, Foreign Institutional Investors and Non-Resident Indians Identifying appropriate transaction, Structuring Real Estate Acquisition, verification of title, arrangement for / finances in high value transactions, foreign direct investment in real estate, real estate acquisitions and sales anywhere in India, drafting of conveyance and other documents, registration of title documents, Leases and license agreements, Real estate development and construction agreements, approvals, tax issues related to real estate acquisition and sales, remittance of sale proceeds etc.
- JSN Legal advises and assists domestic and international entities in the development and implementation of infrastructure projects.
- Infrastructure practice of the firm involves identification of viable projects, negotiations, due diligence, agreements, representation before authorities, approvals, foreign Investments etc for Housing and Real Estate, Special Economic Zones (SEZ), Power Projects, Roads & Highways, Tele-communications, Transport, Airports & Ports, Warehouses etc.
- The Firm provides advice and legal assistance on all aspects of a project including: Public Private Partnership, Foreign Investment in Infrastructure Projects, Tender, Negotiations, Preparation and Drafting of Documents, Contracts and Agreements, Legislative and Regulatory Approvals, Project Finance and Taxation.
Corporate & Commercial
JSN Legal provides broad range of advisory services and assistance on matters ranging from general corporate, corporate governance, company incorporation, Company Maintenance, contract law, investment and disinvestment, formation of joint ventures, structuring of cross-border transactions, corporate restructuring, matters arising out of Securities and Exchange Board of India, Competition Laws, Foreign Exchange Laws and initial public offerings in the domestic capital markets, entry strategies into India, Foreign Direct Investment , Representation before Foreign Investment Promotion Board, Corporate Reorganization and Reconstructions, strategic alliances, partnership, Investment in Green field and Brown field projects, technical collaborations, project and Contact management , establishment of liaison offices, establishing business operations in India and market research services, formation of Charitable Companies , Trusts and LLP and appearance before all the courts in India Including Company Courts, Company Law Board, Office of the Regional Directors.
- Joint Ventures represent a great way to pool capital and expertise and reduce the exposure of risk to all involved, however they present unique challenges in legal perspective.
- With the complex web of Laws, foreign investment caps and sector specific challenges at play, at JSN Legal we have constituted a team to advise and assist clients in achieving the desired results with minimum risks involved.
- The JV practice at Firm involves SWOT analysis of the proposed transaction, deal structuring with or without cross border perspective, due diligence, Drafting and negotiating agreements between parties, preparation of legal documentation, closing and post closing of the deal.
Mergers & Acquisitions
JSN Legal has lawyers, tax consultants and experts in M&A team to assist and advise clients for mergers, acquisitions, amalgamations and hiving off. The scope of M&A team includes assisting in negotiations, conducting Due Diligence from legal and financial perspectives, SWOT analysis of the proposed transaction ascertaining contingent liabilities, pending litigation, incomplete documentation or reporting, any pending commitments of the target company not recorded in the books of accounts etc. elimination of risk strategies, drafting of documentation and agreements involved in M&A, drafting Scheme of Amalgamation and approval from the concerned High Court, requisite approvals and permissions under the prevailing corporate laws, seeking sector specific approvals, tax planning, Execution and completion of the Transaction, compliance including drafting & filing of the necessary documents before the concerned Registrar of Companies and FIPB.
Foreign Investments and Disinvestments
- JSN Legal has a team of lawyers, market experts, tax experts and solicitors to advice and assist in foreign investment and disinvestments in all sectors permitted by the Government of India. Team members have sector specific expertise and knowledge to provide customized services to all types of clients. At JSN Legal we also provide an in depth report of market in which the client is to venture and the taxation aspects of any particular sector. The legal team provides solutions for the complex web of central and state legislation applicable to the sector.
- Our services include Investments in India and Abroad, Joint-Ventures, Foreign Collaborations, Technology Transfers, International Trade Establishment of a Branch, Liaison, Representative or Project Office of a Foreign Company Incorporation of Companies both in India and Abroad/Offshore (including in various tax efficient countries) Regulatory Approvals & Compliances Mergers and Acquisitions Corporate Finance Corporate Re-Organization and Re-Structuring Privatization Distributorship, Agency, Franchising, Business Conducting & Other Marketing & Trading Arrangement Due Diligences, Legal Audit and Verification Work Taxation of Foreign Companies & Foreign Nationals Company Secretarial Services; and Other Related Services.
Insurance & Reinsurance
- Insurance, reinsurance and allied services is a sought after sector for foreign investment in India.
- Lawyers at JSN Legal have to their credit assisting and advising one of the largest Insurance and financial company established in India.
- The Insurance practice team is involved in Regulatory approvals and advising on foreign direct investment in insurance, pre-post-entry compliances, collaboration, regulatory and licensing conditions and compliances for life, health and general insurances and reinsurances, Joint ventures consortium underwriting, co-insurance arrangements and portfolio transfers, litigation and arbitration on insurance disputes and outsourcing arrangements and allied services.
Taxation & International Taxation
- Taxation in India is a comprehensive field consisting of direct and indirect taxes, levied by central and state Governments. Tax planning, advisory and Tax litigation is one of the major practice area of JSN Legal assisted by team of tax lawyers and former tax officials having years of experience in tax laws.
- Lawyers at JSN Legal have been experienced in Tax litigation at the highest level and make regular appearance for assessments, appeals, High Courts and Supreme Court of India. Our Tax advisory services include matter related to establishment of local office in India with tax structuring ensuring minimum tax liability, tax incentives, International mergers and acquisitions, Joint ventures, Double taxation avoidance agreements, transfer pricing, Customs, Excise, VAT, Sales Tax, Service tax, Income tax, Capital gains tax and International taxations.
- The defense sector in India is highly competitive and mostly controlled by the Government. Recently foreign investment has been permitted but the sector faces strict laws and regulations. Procurement in defense sector is highly competitive and does not allow lobbying and is done through competitive bidding process.
- Strict compliance of laws are required and at JSN Legal, we have expertise to advise and assist our clients in defense contracts, Preparation of tender documents, Joint Ventures, FDI, establishment of representative offices/ Branches in India and other related services.
- Education is a fast growing sector in India and there has been constant demand for foreign collaboration in this sector as well as establishment of Universities, Technical Institution, technical collaboration and sharing of knowledge expertise and know how.
- At JSN Legal, we have developed our team to advise and assist our client in education sector more particularly establishment of trust and societies to run educational institutions, legal issues in establishing an University or technical college, Tax issues in Education Sector, Technical and foreign collaboration, land acquisition for educational institutions, structuring of educational services within the guidelines of regulatory body and within the frame work of Central and State legislation.
Health & Pharmaceuticals
- Health and Pharmaceuticals is a fast growing sector in India. The clinical trials business in India is estimated to be worth around $500 million, according to research firm Frost & Sullivan, which projects that it will grow to $1 billion by 2016. At JSN Legal, we have equipped ourselves with expertise and experience to advise and assist our clients with respect to General and special laws applicable to the sector.
- Our services in this sector include advice and assistance in collaboration financial or technical, manufacturing or marketing of Pharmaceutical, Medical Devices, Biotechnology products, foreign investment in establishment of Pharmaceutical Company, research facility, biotechnology facilities and multi- specialty hospitals either in green field or brown field projects, legal and regulatory framework under Drugs & Cosmetics Act for marketing and sale of drugs, clinical trials etc. approvals from CDSCO, license and approvals by Drugs Controller of India.
- The Firm also provides extensive support in protection of Intellectual Property Rights, Patenting of new products, litigation with respect to IP rights in Pharmaceutical sector and investigation and action for marketing and sale of counterfeit medicines.
Intellectual and Industrial Property
- The Intellectual Property practice at JSN Legal includes drafting, filing, renewal and restoration of application for Trademarks and Service Marks, Patent, Copyright and Design. Geographical indication registration, Prosecution (opposition & infringement) for enforcement of IP rights, IP protection strategies, IP issues related to portals, advertising, e-commerce, and Internet transactions, Film and Media etc.
- Due diligence for acquisition of IP rights, Trade Mark search, Inspection of Patent Register, appearing and representing the client before the Trade Marks Registry, Patent Office, Intellectual Property Appellate Board, the Registrar of Copyrights and courts throughout India.
Information Technology, Telecommunication
- JSN Legal has a notable practice in Information Technology Laws, Cyber Laws, Electronic Commerce, Business Process Outsourcing, Legal Process Outsourcing, Knowledge Process Outsourcing and Telecommunication Sector.
- Firm has expertise in negotiating, drafting and implementing Interconnection Agreements, Confidentiality Agreements, Technology Transfer Agreements, Outsourcing Agreements.
- JSN Legal advises and assists in foreign investments and business partnerships in the telecommunications, satellite and information technology sectors including all aspects of licensing, authorizations and permits; Approvals for provision of cellular and basic telephone services, value added services etc.
Industrial Disputes and Labor Laws
JSN Legal provides comprehensive legal services encompassing all aspects of Industrial and Labor laws in India. Drafting of employment contracts and compliance with obligatory employment law and national collective agreements, Review of terms of employment, Confidentiality Agreements, Non-disclosure agreements, Stock option plans, Long-term incentive plans for senior executives and employees, incentive schemes, Industrial and labor issues related to gratuity, Provident fund, State insurance etc Termination of employment contracts and severances, Collective redundancies Employment claims Disputes between employee and employer are some of the assignments taken by the Firm in this sector.